The cost of natural disasters

This information is in table format. (Note- this information is from 2011)

Use your iPad (numbers)- as you were shown in class to make graphs that show the different amounts spent on natural disasters by the states and territories of Australia.

REMEMBER- these numbers are to be read as millions.

(This is a template on your NUMBERS app. You can change the heading, labels and numbers to match the homework table on disasters.)

Your homework task WAS to make a simple graph showing the $$$$ spent, however once you all started playing around with the App NUMBERS, you blew me away with what you all discovered.

So now I have seen INTERACTIVE GRAPHS, BUBBLE GRAPHS, INTERACTIVE BUBBLE GRAPHS, DOUGHNUT GRAPHS…………….. the possibility is amazing.

I am changing the homework to ask you to present the information in any way  (or numerous ways ) you like.

You can screen capture your graphs and add them to a document with your made up questions.

Looking at the table again, make up 3 questions to ask your classmates.

Why……….?

Where……….?

Do you think……….?

Just because you ask the questions, doesn’t always mean you need to know the answers. Your question can open up a class discussion. Even better, you may have discussed it with your family or researched your answer.

Good luck and don’t forget to send your best wishes to the Queen.