Write the definition of a conjunction in your reading book:
Conjunctions join two parts of a sentence and help to show the connection between the two parts of the sentence.
and tells you more
- We went home and went straight to bed.
but makes a contrast
- They are rich but they aren’t happy.
because answers the question why?
- We went home because we were tired.
so tells you the result
- We went home early, so we missed the end of the concert.
when answers the question when?
- We went home when Jane wanted to.
before, after answers the question what happened first?
- We went home before the concert ended.
- We went home after Max Jones had sung his first song.
although, though tells you something surprising
- We went home although / though we did not really want to.
if makes a condition
- We will go home if we are tired.