- Measure the three segments below and record your answers in millimetres. Then re-write your answers in centimetres.
2. Re-write these lengths in centimetres.
(a) 61 mm (b) 4 mm (c) 88 mm
3. Re-write these lengths in millimetres.
(a) 5.4 cm (b) 11 cm (c) 0.7 cm
4. Re-write these lengths in metres.
(a) 190 cm (b) 450 cm (c) 3400 cm
5. Re-write these lengths in centimetres.
(a) 4 m (b) 2.8 m (c) 11.2 m
6. Order these lengths from shortest to longest:
124 cm 2.07 m 10.1 m 121 cm
7. What unit of measurement would you use to measure each of the following?
- Your height
- The distance between Melbourne and Brisbane
- The width of the top of a nail
- The length of a fingernail
- The distance between Paris and Perth
- The thickness of a piece of rope
8. Draw a line that is 16.5 centimetres long. How many millimetres is that?