How do we know it is day? What might we see if it is day?
How do we know it is night? What might we see if it is night?
You will be investigating your ideas about what causes day and night.
Complete the task below.
NIGHT AND DAY ACTIVITY- What do you think? Working in your groups complete the activity DAY AND NIGHT which makes 3 claims.
a. The Sun goes around the Earth once a day
b. The Earth goes around the Sun once a day
c. The Earth spins around once a day
- Draw a labelled scientific diagram (grey lead or black fine liner only with the title ‘Spinning in space’ in your science journals.
- Record your ideas about :
– The size and shape of the Sun, Earth and Moon
– The position of the Sun, Earth and Moon and
– how the Sun, Earth and Moon might move in space
You might show their movements by lines with arrows or turning arrows.
Once you have created a labelled diagram share it with a partner.