Watch the below BtN story:
Answer the following questions in your Reading book:
1. Why do you think we need government?
2. What are the three levels of government in Australia?
3. What is the federal government responsible for? Give three examples.
4. State government is responsible for…….
5. What does local government look after?
6. Before federation the states governed themselves. True or false?
7. When and why were local governments introduced?
8. What happens when local, state and federal governments disagree?
9. Why do you think we need three levels of government in Australia?
10. What was surprising about this story?